Friday 26 February 2010

Complaint Letter to Education Minister


After our tea at the end of the Education forum held on 21st February 2009,  I approached the Education Minister with a complaint letter which I had prepared 2 days before.

He read the letter, smiled at me and handed it to his bodyguard. Not a word was said.

I thought, "That's it. A stone dropping into an ocean. "

I had not harboured much hope as I have been through this so many times for the past decade. During this decade, I have seen the appointments of 3 different Education Ministers. They were Rear-Adm Teo Chee Hean, Mr Tharman Shanmugaratnam and Dr Ng Eng Hen.

I'm already satisfied that my complaint letter has been read by the Education Minister himself. All my previous complaint letters were ambushed by his staff.

At least Dr Ng has feedback on what is actually happening at the ground level. He is aware what type of mischief some of his staff are capable of despite having clear guidelines in the IM.


On 12th February 2010, a source informed me that one of the 4 items in my complaint letter to Education Minister Ng Eng Hen has been dealt with. I believe the other 3 will get their just desserts.  

0 comments: